Monday, August 11, 2008

Week In Review: August 4-10

I was supposed to go see the Melvins last August 4th but there were 2 things that prevented me from going to that show:

a) Tix were sold out.
b) There was a nasty hardcore storm that pounded the city all night, therefore, I wouldn't have been able to make the trip to the Double Door anyways. And it was a nasty storm indeed. The tornado sirens were going off and the hailstorm that followed knocked out the power in my block for a day. It sucked sweating balls in the early August heat.

I went to the Made Out Of Babies/Plague Bringer/Pigs show at the Empty Bottle last Sunday. I wasn't able to catch Pigs because I missed the bus from work. Plague Bringer slayed as always, and Made Out Of Babies once again pummelled me with their cute but brutal audiovisual sexiness. Do catch these bands when you get the chance.

No comments: