Monday, July 7, 2008

Dudefest Indiana Review



About 2 weekends ago, I went to this wonderful 3 day orgy of dudes, honorary dudes (the ones with vaginas, duh), booze, drugs and bad food known as Dudefest. I didn't even know this festival existed up until last year, but it has been held annually in the city of Indianapolis since 2003. This year's lineup was stellar: Pig Destroyer, Torche, Kylesa, Insect Warfare, Coliseum, Kung Fu Rick, Iron Lung, Despise You, Hewhocorrupts, Plague Bringer, Gaza, Nachtmystium, Skeletonwitch, and many, many more. Me and a few friends took a roadtrip from Chicago and it was definitely one of the best weekends of my life. I took quite a few pictures from the fest and some of them can be viewed here. I even messed up my knee stagediving during Hewhocorrupts and since I was in a drunken funk, messed it up further by doing more stagedives during Pig Destroyer's set, which had a lot of inflatable whales, beachballs, and even a stuffed blue dinosaur. New friends were made, lots of beer was consumed, great times and lasting memories were definitely had. If you weren't there and you didn't have a valid reason not to go, I do feel sorry you missed out.

Hewhocorrupts: Master Of Profits (I'm the dude who stagedives on stage left at around :13)

No comments: